It is essential you follow these instructions to get the most out of your real Christmas tree:
- Each Christmas tree is cut at the farm on your delivery day.
- When you receive your real Christmas tree we recommend you shave or slice 1 millimeter up to 50 millimeters off the bottom to open up the pores, just like you would trim the stems of a fresh bunch of flowers to make them last longer. It is important to get the tree straight home and into cool, clean water after doing so. If you don’t get the tree into water within an hour or so and it looks like the base has resealed with sap, we would recommend re-cutting the base at home.
- Keep the water topped up above the base level at all times. It will be very thirsty especially in the first week.
- Real Christmas trees age quicker with direct sun, heat and drafts. A cool, shady spot inside the house is ideal.
- Do not be afraid to channel your inner green thumb and trim off any dry foliage or branches to freshen it up and achieve that perfect Christmas tree shape.
If you follow these instructions your tree should be at its best for approximately 3 weeks and natural deteriorate takes its course although we cannot guarantee the longevity of any tree. At the end of the day, real Christmas trees are just that, REAL!