To enjoy the festive beauty of your real Christmas tree for the entire holiday season, here are some essential care tips:
In the city of Melbourne, the tradition of setting up a real Christmas tree in homes is one that never loses its charm. To ensure your festive fir looks its best and stays fresh throughout the holiday season, follow these essential care tips:
- Fresh Cut: Each Christmas tree from the Christmas tree farm is freshly cut on your delivery day. This guarantees the longevity of the tree, provided it gets the right care. When your tree arrives, it’s essential to trim 1mm to 50mm off the bottom. This opens up the tree’s pores, much like how one trims the stems of a fresh bouquet to extend its life.
- Hydrate Immediately: Prompt hydration is crucial for your tree’s health. Place the freshly cut base of the tree in a water-filled stand immediately after trimming. If you cannot get your tree into water within an hour and the base appears to have resealed with sap, we recommend recutting the base.
- Keep Water Topped Up: Christmas trees are thirsty, especially during the first week. Regularly check the water level in your tree stand and ensure it’s always above the base of the tree.
- Choose the Right Spot: Positioning your tree correctly can significantly prolong its lifespan. Real Christmas trees are sensitive to direct sunlight, heat, and drafts. The ideal location for your tree is a cool, shady spot inside your house.
- Regular Maintenance: Feel free to give your tree a little extra care. If you notice dry or wilting branches, don’t hesitate to trim them off. This helps keep your tree looking fresh and maintains its traditional Christmas tree shape.
Remember, by following these care tips, your real Christmas tree should stay vibrant and fresh for approximately three to four weeks. However, as real Christmas trees are living organisms, the longevity of the trees varies; while some may last longer, others may have a shorter lifespan. With the right care and a bit of Christmas magic, your real tree will be the centrepiece of your festive celebrations.
Feel free to get in touch with us if you have any questions or need further advice on caring for your real Christmas tree in Melbourne.